Now that you have gotten your tattoo, how do you exactly take care of it?
Often, the tattoo could be ruined if it is not properly taken care of, no matter how good it is.
Here are some important Do’s and Don’ts after getting a Tattoo:
- Listen to your tattoo artist very carefully. Follow their advice. They want it for you to have a great tattoo, surely they would be giving you great advices on taking care of it.
- To avoid swelling, you can apply an ice pack on the affected area. The cold could also help in getting rid of itch.
- Do your best not to pick nor scratch the new tattoo.
- Keep your tattoo clean and moisturized. Go for moisturizers which do not contain too much alcohol or water.
- Don’t shave the tattoo until it is fully healed. If you must shave around it, be careful not to let the shaving cream or the hair irritate or worse infect the tattoo.
- Avoid fluffy clothes as it can often cause infection.
- Avoid going into sauna rooms while your tattoo is not healed yet as the moisture can draw pigment from your skin.
- Avoid too much sun exposure and doing strenuous activities as sweat may be damaging to your tattoo.
Do you also have a tattoo? How do you take care of it?
Do you know of other tattoo care tips which you would like to share?
Leave a comment through the box below!