Watches are very important in our daily activities, often, they could be really expensive. Which is why, for these reasons, we need to take good care of our watches to keep them on top shape and prolong their life span.
Here are some care tips for watches:
- When it becomes wet, be sure to dry your watch, most especially if it is not water-resistant.
- Sea water and exposure to chemicals may damage your watch straps, most especially if they are leather straps. So be sure to avoid ruining them by removing your watch when you are about to get wet.
- You should also be careful when applying perfume on your wrist. Perfumes could actually weaken and damage the straps on your watch. Be sure that the perfume on your wrist has dried before putting on your watch.
- Though your watch is water-resistant, regular exposure to water would sooner or later penetrate through the watchcase and weaken the gaskets or the glass.
- When your watch suddenly stops working, be sure to have it fixed by trusted watch repair services.
- When you are not wearing your watch, it is important to keep it properly and stored in a safe case or box. If there is no case or box available, you can wrap it in a soft cloth which could protect the surface from any scratches or dust.
Do you like to wear watches as well?
Are there other care tips for watches which you would like to add?
Leave a comment through the box below to share your thoughts!