Hair Rebonding is the process of relaxing one’s hair in order for curls and waves become straight. Its effects usually last for a long period of time when done properly.
While hair rebonding really makes one’s hair become straight instantly, it comes with many risks such as damaged hair, hair fall due to the chemicals used, and not being able to tie it in ponytail. This is why it is very important to think it through before undergoing such process.
Here are some tips on how you can take care of your rebounded hair in order to make it last longer and minimize damage.
- After the procedure, avoid getting your hair wet for at least three days in order for the chemicals to settle in your hair.
- Wash it with shampoo and conditioner after three days.
- Avoid tying your hair or pull it at the back of your ears as your hair would have a weird shape.
- Apply a leave on conditioner for keeping moisture and to help avoid dry and frizzy hair.
- Avoid hair styling such as hair coloring, curling, or blow drying for at least six months. Undergoing in such procedures will make your hair more damaged.
How do you care for your rebonded hair?
Are there other tips which you would like to share?
Leave a comment below!